Top End Speech Pathology is a private fee-for-service clinic. Our fees are charged at an hourly rate. For example, if your session is half an hour, the fee will be half the hourly rate. Fees reflect not only the face-to-face session time but also the time spent in preparation, analysing assessment data, liasing with other professionals etc.
Assessment reports are available on request and charged at the hourly rate.
Please call us to find out the current rate.
Fees are payable at the time of consultation and can be paid by EFTPOS, credit card, or cash.
Help with fees:
- We offer a 10% discount for Health Care Card holders.
- Rebates are available from private health funds, depending on your level of cover.
- Medicare rebates are available for up to 5 sessions per year, in some cases, on referral from a GP. Please discuss further with your GP, with us or with Medicare.
- Top End Speech Pathology is a recognised provider with the DSS Autism Early Intervention Program and Better Start Initiative. Your child may be eligible for these programs if they are under 7 and diagnosed with Autism, Asperger’s, PDD-NOS, Rett Syndrome, Down Syndrome, Hearing and/or Vision Impairment, or Fragile X. Please discuss with us or with the Autism or Better Start Advisors.
- Children with the above diagnoses are also eligible for Medicare rebates for some allied health services on referral from their paediatrician.
- In some cases, Defence members and their families may be eligible for private therapy through Defence Community Organisation. Please check with DCO.
- Top End Speech Pathology provides services to compensible clients through TIO MACA, and workers compensation schemes.
- Top End Speech Pathology is a registered NDIS provider.
Please note we do NOT bulk bill Medicare. You will be asked to pay the full fee, then given a receipt which you can take to Medicare to claim your rebate. There will be a gap amount.